Welcome to my blog as I keep you updated on my weight-loss journey of a lifetime. My desire is to help encourage and support others on their own journeys. I will share my diet plan, recipes, tips, and photos as I work towards my goal. My diet plan may not be the plan for you, but it is the only thing that has worked for me and because of it I wish to share with it others. Here's to a happier and healthier "us"!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Beginning


My Weight-Loss Journey

As some of you know, but most of you don’t, in July 2010 I began a new journey after booking a life-long dream, a cruise vacation. I decided I was determined once and for all to lose some weight and this seemed like a really good motivational tool to use. I did some research, talked to a lot of people, set a short-term goal, and a “longer-term” goal, and began my journey on August 3, 2010. It hasn’t been easy, but I have managed to reach my goals, even reaching them ahead of schedule. :)  My first goal was to lose 30 lbs by my birthday on September 14th. I beat that one 2 days ahead of time, on Sept 12th!

I made it through Thanksgiving, and having my extended family here for our family Christmas, with all that good cooking and special treats. My 2nd goal was to lose 60 lbs by our cruise, and I reached that goal on December 12th! Then I survived Christmas and New Year’s, managing to maintain the 62 lbs I’d lost. 

On January 9, 2011 we embarked  on our Western Caribbean cruise, which turned into a second honeymoon celebration. Also, neither of us got to experience the special time in our lives of going to Prom. So, when we had formal nights on our cruise, we went to “our prom". With Randy in his tux, and me in my evening gown, we had the time of our lives! We celebrated our marriage, the way this journey has drawn us closer together as a couple, the stage of life we are currently in as we adapt to having an empty nest. Randy has been my biggest and strongest supporter in this awesome journey and has even lost some weight just in support of me!

We are both feeling much, much healthier and have a new zest for life. Now that we have returned from vacation, I have set new goals and am continuing on my journey. With the help of God, my loving husband, and the support of my friends and family, I have every confidence that I will succeed! I thank those of you who have known about my journey and have been a huge encouragement. I ask all of you to continue to pray for me as I strive to continue this journey and make changes that will last a lifetime!

6 comments:

  1. yay for my dear auntie! what a fun way to keep up with your progress!
    keep up the good work!!

    much love from va!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all your good work... I have been watching with interest your journey of weight loss. I am currently reading "Made to Crave" a good book, not entirely focused on dieting, but rather on substituting a focus on God for the focus we have on food. Your blog is a great idea, to share what you are doing, and encourageing, as well as to give you another level of accountability. I need to loose some lbs., but I know for sure, it is not the "need" that will get me started, but rather I have to get the "want". Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy Hudson-husband and biggest fanJanuary 29, 2011 at 9:23 PM

    I have been immensely proud of my wife on this journey. It takes an enormous amount of courage to try something again after previous efforts didn't produce the desired results. It also takes a tremendous amount of discipline to stick with it. She is a new woman in other areas as well, such as increased self-esteem. The positive results have & continue to outweigh the struggle. Way to go hon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very proud of you . . . I haven't been able to see you in person, but I love your new look. I can see the happiness in your face. As one who understands, I pray for you to continue with your success. I know the road is hard, but you took the first step by starting. Never give up doing what you have begun for you ~~~ I'm praying for you. Continue on your journey & I will see less of you when see each other soon. Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ruby,
    You are looking great and I am sure you feel better, too! Even if we don't feel bad, the weight loss does help us feel better about ourselves which just helps everything! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Ruby on your weight loss. I am so proud of you. You are a strong person. It isn't easy to diet. You look beautiful in all your new pics. I can see how happy you are on by your smile. :) Randy must be a wonderful husband. It helps when your love one supports you in what you're doing. I will be here on the sidelines cheering you on as you move forward to your weight loss goal. I have faith in you that you can do it. Keep up the good work and I will continue praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete