Welcome to my blog as I keep you updated on my weight-loss journey of a lifetime. My desire is to help encourage and support others on their own journeys. I will share my diet plan, recipes, tips, and photos as I work towards my goal. My diet plan may not be the plan for you, but it is the only thing that has worked for me and because of it I wish to share with it others. Here's to a happier and healthier "us"!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Today I really feel like I'm back in the saddle and ready to ride again! I lost the small amount of weight I gained on the cruise plus I lost an additional 3 pounds so I feel I'm on my way to my goal.  My total weight loss is now at 65.4 pounds. *jumping up and down here*

I came across this quote today from my friend, Shawna, and thought a portion of it really applied to this journey I'm on:

"One of the key factors that will determine your ultimate success is whether you have the courage to fight through the challenges, obstacles and disappointments on your journey."

I feel that I have a new-found courage that I've been lacking over the years. But probably the biggest tool that I have is the encouragement and support of my family and friends, who lovingly hold me accountable to what they know I am wanting to accomplish. When I have a day that I'm disappointed that I've "only" lost a pound, they remind me of the total amount that I've lost. Some help me look at the things I ate the day before and figure out what changes I need to make in the things I eat today. Today was one of those days of "only" losing a pound after losing 2.4 lbs yesterday. But, I was so excited to see the 65.4 total that I guess I forgot about the day's amount. LOL  I guess it really is all in how you look at it!

I was a little afraid that after eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it over the past two weeks, I would have a hard time adjusting to a rigid schedule again. But, I am adjusting quite well and it's not as hard as I thought it would be. I want to urge this horse from a trot to a gallop, but I know that trotting along is what's best, so I should just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Giddy-up! Let's Go!

1 comment:

  1. this is still so encouraging to read. I like to direct people to your blog. Great job!

    ReplyDelete