Welcome to my blog as I keep you updated on my weight-loss journey of a lifetime. My desire is to help encourage and support others on their own journeys. I will share my diet plan, recipes, tips, and photos as I work towards my goal. My diet plan may not be the plan for you, but it is the only thing that has worked for me and because of it I wish to share with it others. Here's to a happier and healthier "us"!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Another Milestone

Today I have reached another milestone! Two actually. :)

First of all, I reached 80 lbs lost AND over 78 inches, measuring 13 different places. I am so amazed that I continue to lose inches even during stabilization when I am not losing any weight. My body continues to change shape and move things around, which just makes me awestruck!

My second milestone is that I finally weigh less than my husband! This is something that has never occurred. He was a skinny young man when I married him, and I have always weighed more than him. I was grinning from ear to ear and doing the happy dance all around him this morning. I'll have to enjoy it while it lasts because he's planning to do the diet journey with me, so I'm sure he will quickly go around me. But, in the end, I hope to end up less than him again.... that is my goal!

I continue to read everything I possibly can about the hCG diet and desire to learn everything I can so I can help others on their journeys. This week I've learned about two new things and am excited about them!

One thing I have learned that can help boost metabolism, help you have bigger losses on the scales, help you stay warmer (if you are one of those people like me who struggle with being cold all the time while on the drops), works as a colon cleanse, boosts your immune system, and helps curb hunger pangs;  is to drink two "California Kickers" a day. I tried it on Saturday and on Sunday I was down 1.6 lbs! I didn't do it on Sunday and was only down .2 lbs on Monday. Yesterday I drank two Cali Kickers and this morning had a "release" of 1.2 lbs. So, I'm thinking it works for me! It is very similar to the "Master Cleanse" if any of you have ever heard of that. Same thing, without the maple syrup.

California Kicker

8 oz water (hot recommended for maximum metabolism boost)
Juice of half a lemon
1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Stevia to taste

I put my water in a mug in the microwave and heat it. Then add the lemon and cayenne and 6 drops of liquid Stevia. Then I sip it. Burns your throat going down but I think it really does work! My brother's family drinks it cold and chugs it down quickly. So, whatever works best for you! Since you are allowed the juice of one lemon a day on Protocol, you can have 2 Cali Kickers a day to help you on your journey.

The second thing I learned about I haven't tried yet, but will keep you posted once I do. I have learned that you can take MSM to help tighten up your lagging skin that you have as a result of your rapid losses. I'm so excited to try this! I ordered my MSM last night on Amazon, so I'm hoping I'll get it soon and hoping to see some great results in a few weeks. Stay tuned for reports on this!

Something I learned a while back but haven't shared yet on the blog is that you can have 1-2 tablespoons of pure organic virgin coconut oil on any phase of the diet. You can make "Chocolate Delight" with it or you can cook with it. Apparently our bodies burn coconut oil as energy and we do not store it as fat, which is why it is permitted. I will post the Chocolate Delight recipe on my recipe page. Tonight I cooked my fresh pressed garlic in coconut oil until it was browned, then added baby spinach, a dash of apple cider vinegar, squirted some Braggs Amino Acids in, added sea salt and pepper to taste and cooked it until it was just wilted. It was absolutely delish!! Never thought I would love spinach, but I certainly do! Served with a lean steak, it was a fantastic meal and felt like I was having a treat! It's amazing what the little things can mean to you while you're on this journey!

1 comment:

  1. :) yay for you!i dont think i have ever told you but your pix on the right of the screen (in your scrubs) looks really good!

    love from va

    ReplyDelete